Welcome to our website !

Soundtrack Sundays You've Got A Friend In Me

By 12:22

This Sunday we are taking a look back at the theme song for Toy Story, You've Got A Friend In Me. This song originally began in 1995 written and performed by Randy Newman for the first Toy Story film. It has since featured in both film sequels and has been covered many times.


You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy you've got a friend in me
Yeah you've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You got troubles and I got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
But none of them will ever love you the way I do
It's me and you boy

And as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

The Spanish version below was performed by the Gipsy Kings for the end of Toy Story 3 when Jessie the cowgirl and Buzz Lightyear dance together. Throughout the three films the song is also covered by Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett performing a duet, Robert Goulet as the character Wheezy, and Tom Hanks in Woody's Roundup.


An a cappella version of the song was recorded by Dick Van Dyke (Bert from Mary Poppins) and The Vantastix for their album Put on a Happy Face and performed at the 2011 D23 expo.


Some of the other versions of the song include performances by Brian Wilson for the album In the Key of Disney, George Jones and Kathy Mattea for The Best of Country Sing the Best of Disney, and Michael Buble for his album To Be Loved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments